It is an unpleasant fact
that South Yorkshire does not have a good reputation with
regard to caring for its animals. At Rotherham Dog Rescue, we aim to give all
dogs the life they deserve.
WHAT WE DO
- Our aim is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome abandoned, abused and unwanted dogs.
- We work closely with the Rotherham dog wardens and take in dogs from the pound.
- We give a dog a kennel space until it is rehomed no matter how long it takes.
- We provide short term foster homes for dogs that have difficulty adapting to
life in kennels.
- We provide long term foster homes for elderly dogs where we assist with
veterinary care to give these oldies a chance to live out their remaining years
in the comfort of a loving home.
- We help educate owners on how best to care for their dogs.
- We find caring and responsible owners for our dogs by conducting thorough home
checks and matching the right dog to the right owner.
- We have experienced volunteers on board to run our kennels and deal with members
of the public.
- We have our own dog psychologist who assesses all our dogs, addresses any
behavioral issues that the dog may have and who also gives free advice to any
prospective owner both before and after adoption.
OUR FACILITIES ~ MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW